Tuesday, August 3, 2010

1st Day Back

So Yesterday my last day of real summer break was pretty well spent. It started with a visit to Dr. Galloway who informed me after a very uncomfortable exam that I was 1cm dilated with a softened cervix, but that I could easily go another 2 weeks. At this point I would love to meet our sweet baby soon, but I know in my heart that God's timing for her is best... so Im choosing to find joy in my suffering. Ok its not really suffering it's just His way of getting me ready to birth this baby:) My flesh calls it suffering. I will see Dr. Galloway again next Monday and hope to see some progress because school is officially in (more on that in a minute). After my appointment I met one of my truest and best friends Katie for lunch at our long time favorite...Hudsons! It was yum. Then we drove out to my house so she could see the nursery. It was a great last day of summer!

So today marks our first day back and to say the least it was not bad at all. The number one thing I dreaded were all the gualking (sp?) faces and comments to follow like... "you haven't had that baby yet", "you look like your gonna drop that baby", and "are you sure there is only one in there". Yes all these comments and more were made today. Mostly I gave very direct answers and kept convo to a minimum. I didn't want to go all pregnant on someone who for the most part (in their minds) is making an innocent comment. So I stayed in my room for the most part of the day which was nice. I'll be doing that until I go into labor.

Speaking of funny comments here is a silly story to end with, people just cant resist speaking their minds to pregnant women. It really cracks me sometime when Im in the mood. So Jonathan and I ran to the mall tonight to get some shirts for him to wear to work and we were in belk and this woman from behind us (who we never made eye contact with in the first place to even engage in a conversation) says "you don't have much longer do you?" I responded no. She asked what we were having and I told her a girl. She said "oh you guys are in big trouble, I still can't get my 24 year old son out of the house" she goes on to tell us how his friends even asked him to move in to an apt. with them and he said no because why would he leave home where there is not rent, bills and the food is free. Now at this point you can imagine what is running through our minds. She followed us all the way in belk and down the escalator and her parting words were "yall take care of that baby now." I wish you could of seen Jonathan's face. It was priceless.

Well that is it for now. Prayers for a smooth transition back into the "real" world would be so appreciated, especially as time for our Emersyn draws near :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie. I have your baby gift for miss Emersyn. I was gonna give it to you if you came to Ava's party last Saturday but since I didn't see you I'll have my mom bring it up to your school.

    ReplyDelete