Wednesday, August 25, 2010

God has a Plan!

And His plan is best for us! So Jonathan and I went and saw Dr. Galloway Monday at 4, bags packed and ready to head over to the hospital. Well things were slammed and he did tell us to wait one more day. So he called the hospital and told them to schedule my induction for Tuesday morning so that we could get this little one here! Main reason being my blood pressure had gone up a little bit. Other than that no need for concern and all else looked great. So a little disappointed we returned home but I had a bit of a feeling we would be anyway. So Tuesday came and again we prepared to go to the hospital without question. So about we went him to town and walked the mall for a bit and then headed to borders to kill the rest of the time before we met some friends for dinner. At about 5:00 Jonathan gets a missed call that he did not recognize (my phone had died) and we decided to call it back. Sure enough it was the birthing center. I first spoke to a nurse on the floor who explained that 3 people had walked in in labor and they had absolutely no room for me and wanted me to experience the best care possible and asked me to come in the next evening. Then the supervisor of the hospital (who knows my mom) also wanted to speak to me and explain the situation and reassure me that they only wanted me to have the best care and they could not do that in a teeny tiny triage room. My main concern was had they spoken with Dr. Galloway because he had a bit of concern about my blood pressure. They said they had and then we hung up. Well of course right in the middle of borders the river starts flowing (not my bag of water;), I started bawling. Of course Jonathan immediately got very upset with the whole situation (our main concern being our daughters health). Which she is just fine, but it did not help that I quoted off a statistic I heard on a Baby Story the morning before about a high number of unexplained fetal deaths in overdue babies. So of course he immediately is on the defense. So he wanted me to personally call Dr. Galloway (I was in NO shape to do so, nor was I about to call my doctor crying about not getting to go to the hospital that night) and communicate to him I had heard from the hospital. I was uneasy doing that so I came up with a plan to check my blood pressure since that was the main concern. The last thing I wanted us to do was turn around and go home and worry that here goes another day that my BP could be going up and her health might decline. So we head over to Target not sure if they still had their machine or not. However, a sweet friend is one of the pharmacist over there and we asked her if she could take my blood pressure. In the office the other day it was around 130/80 and when she checked it was 147/99. So I called my mom (who actually got the call about the hospital situation before we had because my phone had died) and told her. She immediately called Dr. Galloway who said he wanted me to go in right away for some testing. So we headed to the hospital and visited the one and only triage room available and began the hour long process of blood drawing, blood pressure taking and heart and contraction monitoring. Praise the Lord all turned out just fine. My BP had gone down (now I know how to make it sky rocket, just hysterically cry) and my labs turned out fine. The nurse was so sweet and we talked with her about checking the schedule for tomorrow so that we don't end up in the same situation. However I have to say it was very interesting watching the hosptial/doctor dynamics. They are definitely two separately functioning entities. So the nurse calls Dr. galloway back letting him know all was fine, but he tells her he wants me in first thing in the morning (of course all beds would still be full). She proceeds to tell him how that would not be a good idea as they only have the triage bed that I would be in all day until another bed opened etc. They go back and forth and finally Dr. Galloway says, please ask the patient what she would like to do and go from there. So nurse comes back and tells me all this and adds in she has birthed 3 children and having to labor in that bed would be miserable but it was up to me. So we asked what the chances of us being bumped again were and she ensured we with no doubt would be coming in tonight at 8:00 to stay. I asked her how long they keep bumping until they have to start and induction and she said 41 weeks and we are there baby! So as a formality we are calling this afternoon to make sure all is still good and God willing, because he has surly shown us His will this week (which we have peace about and know is best) we will head in tonight. Main reason we did not opt to go this morning is because the idea is to sleep through the cervidil and labor during the day. I would hate laboring through the night (which may still happen, but at least not by our own doing). So that is where we are, just waiting on God to bring this sweet little girl into our lives. We just can't wait to meet her.

3 comments:

  1. Saying prayers for you! Please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard she's HERE!!!! Yippee! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Annie!! I hate that for you, but once she gets here, which I guess she already is none of that will matter...can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy this special time it is the neatest experience!

    ReplyDelete