Thursday, July 15, 2010

Two babies....

And not much I can do to help them.

Baby No. 1 is my hubby. Poor thing is sicker than I've ever seen him. IF you know him well you know not much keeps him down. He has been on the couch for the past 3 days (101.5 temp, achy all over and horrible headache) and in 7 years I have never seen him lay around. So we did go to the doctor this morning and she said he probably has a nasty virus that she has seen going around lately. The last lady she saw ended up in the emergency room and seeing the infectious disease people...ok so I would never want to see my hubby go through that much less worry that I could possibly get it... Most likely as long as wee keep him hydrated he should be ok so I am not stressing to terribly much other than the fact there is not much I can do to make him feel better or make this ugly virus go away.

Baby No. 2 is obviously our sweet Emersyn Kate. She has been getting the hiccups lately a lot and I feel so bad that I don't have her here to pat her on the back and soothe her. It didn't help much that I read yesterday in my book that babies already cry in the womb and that is partly why they come out knowing how to do it so well. That being said again, another helpless feeling.

But this does remind me that sometimes I just can't control everything and only one person can (my Jesus). And sometimes a little tender love and care goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment