Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Thought I was Exempt...

There have been several things about pregnancy I thought I was exempt from (mistake numero uno). Before I became pregnant I envisioned pregnancy would feel like how I felt when I was not pregnant but that I would just have a baby bump. And amazingly other than a few tolerable symptoms it has felt that way...up until recently.

Here are 3 of the myths my very own mind created illusions to:
  • I'll always be able to reach my legs to shave. Yeah right. It has become nearly impossible to do. I still sadly make the attempt to shave my lower legs while standing in the shower (VERY dangerous with only 4 weeks left to go). Otherwise the only safe way to reach them, which is still extremely uncomfortable, is the tub.
  • I wont have the discomfort of her kicking my ribs, I've carried her low all along. Um yeah, a week ago I awoke with the strangest discomfort of something pushing on my ribs. Yep, she proved me wrong. She finally figured out how to get those little feet up there and make for some really uncomfortable positions.
  • I'll never lose my balance. I don't know what they are talking about when they say pregnant women are clumsy. In all I have not experienced to much in this area, but I did notice not to long ago I started dropping things ALL the time. Mostly laundry, but other things too. This actually would anger me at times, but it is OH SO DIFFICULT to bend over! I feel so lazy but had to actually start asking Jonathan to help me pick up the things I would drop. I would even find myself walking off and leaving things (mostly out of frustration for dropping the same thing 3 time in a row) on the ground until he was able to help me pick them up. Also Sunday I was in the shower and was washing my hair and when I looked up I evidently got dizzy and started turning to the side losing my balance. The only thing I had to hold onto was the shower curtain which of course came tumbling down rod and all. Luckily I did not slip and put the curtain and rod right back up, so a serious fall was luckily diverted.

No comments:

Post a Comment