Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Secret Obsession...

Ok so its about to not be a secret much longer. I resisted and then had curiosity and then resisted and then had some more curiosity and this battle went on for some time. People were telling me how amazing it was, which would trigger my curiosity, then my husband would show his disinterest (as he does with anything of it's nature). Finally I broke down and decided for myself I would check it out. A couple of weeks ago I sat down to watch the first of the twilight series saga movies. Well, lets just say I loved it so much I watched the second, New Moon in the same night. I was done for. My obsession over came me. I immediately phoned my good friend Brook (who had been telling me the books were amazing reads, she had not seen the movies yet) and told her we had to do a marathon and then go see Eclipse. She was immediately on board so we sat down Saturday and watched both movies and then off to the theatre to see Eclipse. Which by the way was AWESOME. I decided I could not wait to find out the ending so I broke down and bought the final book in the saga, Breaking Dawn. In two days I have made it 3/4 the way through and almost 800 page book. All I have to say is it is such a love story and unexpectidly with great values (although it is about vampires and wherewolves). You just don't expect to see values in movies these days about abstenence and desiring marriage before sex etc. And much less those values held by the male character. I was very pleased at how clean the movies were, no sexual content or cursing (maybe a word or two). Just a great love story. Anyway, if you have not checked out any of the twilight stuff, it really is great! It's kept me entertained the past week or so :) Can't wait for Breaking Dawn to hit theatres (which will be in two parts)!

No comments:

Post a Comment