Friday, September 25, 2009

In the wee hours

So early this morning about 5 am ish I am awakened by our neighbors yippy yappy little dog. And under my breath I say to Jonathan "that little dog is going to mysteriously disappear or I am going to throw rocks at him." (That is just what came to mind at 5 am while trying to enjoy my precious sleep). It must have been really funny because Jonathan burst out in laughter. And we lay there tickled and annoyed at that little yippy yappy dog. He even mentions something about loading his paint ball gun and eventually we drift back to sleep.

Insert disclaimer: We do like animals and would NEVER dream of really hurting one, but when your neighbors fence runs up along one of your exterior bedroom walls and their dog for some reason likes to run up and down along that side and CONSTANTLY bark in the wee hours of the morning, your mind starts running in directions you do not intend.

So we sleep a couple more hours get up run a quick errand and return home to some yard work. I helped Jonathan today by weed wacking while he cut the grass. Low and behold I look up and what do I see in our yard? That yippy yappy little dog who woke us so early this morning jumping at me and barking. He must have known my feelings of affection or lack there of because he decided he had to come bark at me some. Our neighbor came over and she was nice and the dog at that point was not really bothering us, but I made a point to kindly say to the dog "we heard you up barking really early this morning". Maybe our neighbor will take the hint. She asked Jonathan to see if he could catch him so she could put him back in her fence, but I told her he really wasn't bothering us, because we were not going to waste our time chasing him around our yard. We went back to work and eventually he left us alone. Just thought it was ironic of all the time we have lived here that dog has never shown up in our yard and the one time we make jokes about his disappearance he shows up in our yard.

On another note while raking some mulch back into our flower bed I quickly realized why I remain the helper of our yard work and NOT the primary yard worker in our house hold:




This little guy was in the grass and jumped out when I was raking the mulch back into the flower bed and he was a hissin. Not sure what he is, probably harmless. I do like all things creepy crawly, or furry, just don't like to be taken by surprise by them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Annie. I hate snakes. Why'd you have to post that yucky picture? :) On another note, Ava looks so cute in her dress that you made for her. She wears it all the time and I get so many compliments on it. She's probably going to wear it to church again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete