Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crummy Day/No wait make that a Happy Day.....

I wrote this about 2 weeks ago and had not gotten the chance to post it.
Make that a crummy week/weekend! So the week before labor day was awesome. That Monday soccer got rained out, I didn't have my gifted endorsement class on Tuesday which left me with soccer practice on Thursday and a nice quiet weekend through labor day. This week the other shoe dropped.
Tuesday: Soccer practice (to make up for missing Monday)
Wednesday: hour and a half leadership team meeting after school/missed bible study
Thursday: Soccer practice
Friday: Didn't leave school till 9pm (soccer fundraiser collecting parking $ from the football game)
Saturday: 2 soccer games in Buckhead, came back and babysat not getting home till 12:30am
LET ME JUST SAY I AM WAY TO OLD TO BE BABYSITTING!!! IT'S TIME FOR ONE OF MY OWN!!!!!!
Sunday: Church, and ANOTHER SOCCER GAME :( Missed a friend's baby dedication because of this :(((
Weekend??? Did I actually get one of those??????????? I should take the next week off after this one.

I am way to busy and not happy about it. The saddest part is that I bring most of on my self. The dollar signs of soccer don't make it easy for me to say no in addition to those sweet little girls I have the privilege of coaching. Let me make this very clear...4 days a week at an hour and a half or more each day is way to much for 8 and 9 year olds.

Since the post above a lot has happened and someone did a VERY big rain dance which everyone reading my blog will surely know about.

That being said I have been so incredibly THANKFUL for the restful week off of school I have had. No soccer, no gifted endorsement, no meetings, no school. Just rest. I got to clean my house, relax, iron clothes, relax, sleep in, relax, actually cook a dinner, and work on decorations/ideas for my cousin Elizabeth's baby shower I am throwing in about 2 weeks.
You will die when you see some of the absolutely cute things I have made her and if you have a baby gift you need for someone I am happy to make sets for you for a minimal price (sets can include burp clothes, dresses, frames, booties, bibs, and onsies).

On a final note, I just want to remind myself and others to be in prayer for those who have suffered loss in some way or another during the floods and for those who have not to rejoice that we were spared and take time to re-prioritize as I have had to do so that I can focus on my family and what is important to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment