Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Work In Progress...The Nursery


Finally chose some of the furniture for the nursery this weekend. We found some beautiful Thomasville antique furniture (a dresser and a book shelf). Jonathan liked it too and gave me the go ahead to get the dresser. I have plans to purchase some light pink knobs with white stripes on them for the drawer pulls from pottery barn kids when he finally consents...he thinks it might look cheesy. I think it will be SOOOO cute on the black and really pop!



Other plans for the nursery include:

1. Found a crib I love...from pottery barn kids that I have had picked out for months, even before we got pregnant, but Jonathan does not think it will go with the black chest and armoire we have in the room. This crib converts into a toddler bed and full size bed.

2. Molding around the wall that I am not sure what it is called, but it's not wainscoting. It will be so beautiful and open up the room.

3. Crib bedding I have also had picked out for some time. It is all in fabric that I bought from Hobby Lobby. I have had the curtains made since last spring. I'll probably be sewing the bed skirt myself as well as the bumper. My MIL is perfecting one at her house right now so we will see how that turns out...looks pretty cute so far, then we will tackle this one once the crib is here.





The drawers are almost put together!
He is such a good daddy!
Yep that's his foot. He had to contort himself to get some screws in place!

So fun to see it somewhat come together. (Keep in mind that pretty blue sign DID turn to pink, and yes I do have a pink w/ white polka dot piggy bank that DID replace that one since it's a girl) My gut instinct was right...I'll know to trust it better in the future.
I plan to do a collage of pictures of the baby around the sign and of course put a lamp and some other cute things on the dresser top.
Any suggestions as to how to organize things in the drawers? I want it super organized so it's easy to give Jonathan directions to get things for me ;)


4 comments:

  1. Love it! The nursery is gonna be super cute! I can't wait to see it done! And tell Jonathan the blue and white knobs are not cheesy, they're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I met you at Charlie's party, I feel like I can leave you a comment now...ha! I love the nursery furniture and bedding......it is super cute! The Baby's Room in norcross or kennesaw have a grat selection of baby furniture at all different price ranges. We bought all of our stuff there and have loved it! I do remember there being a pretty black crib there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie,
    I love the nursery, and congrats on the girl! We were just talking about it being a boy at Charlie's party! How exciting and I love the name!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organized...
    2 Main Drawers:
    #1-OK for public
    #2-Not really OK for public
    (Oh, and don't get them mixed up when choosing.)
    I am glad for the two of you heading into parenthood, life will never be the same. It's great! jaminblair at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete