Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back to Baby's First

So Jonathan and I went back to Baby's first this Saturday to see if our little pumpkin would cooperate. Boy has this baby grown. I had noticed to over the week that my belly had a growth spurt and you could even tell on the ultrasound. The baby was in a different position than I expected. Head was up near my belly button and feet are positioned downward. The lady had no where as much trouble getting the baby into a position where we could tell the gender and she stopped the ultrasound a couple times to show us....IT'S A GIRL. I think when we went last time it was still just a bit early and we had such a hard time getting that baby to flip over. I kinda had a gut feeling all along even before we got pregnant that our first would be a little girl, so when she told us she "thought" it might be a boy last time, I was shocked and thought wow God you do have a sense of humor. I had gone the next day to pick out a few "boy" things since Marshall's had some REALLY cute things on sale and I had the strangest feeling like it just felt so odd to pick out boy things. Then yesterday when she told us I had such a peace in my heart. When I sat down for my morning devotion Saturday morning I chose Psalm 20 to focus on and it was all about God answering the requests we submit. With a child come many requests and thus far our God has not failed us and we know he never will. We are over joyed and elated to know we have little Emersyn Kate on the way!!! She will be the light of her daddy's eyes and I think her mom might LOVE playing dress up with her, besides she already has a TON of hair bows (courtesy her Nana, Jonathan's mom) for all that hair that is giving her mommy some terrible indigestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment