Friday, January 1, 2010

More Like Jesus

Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
who walk in his ways.
You will eat the fruit of your labor;
blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house;
your sons will be like olive shoots around your table.
Thus is the man blessed who fears the Lord.
May the Lord bless you from Zion
all the days of your life;
may you see the prosperity of Jeruselem,
and may you live to see your children's children.
Psalm of Praise 128
Jonathan and I are about to embark on one of the most amazing phases of life where I believe we are going to truly learn what it means to be more like Jesus. We are going to learn to be less self serving and more selfless. We are going to learn what it is like to have unconditional love for someone in the first second of ever meeting them and even before having met them. Yes we are so blessed and over joyed to share with you that we have one of the most highest honors we believe two can have...after much prayer and petition I can now say, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him". We are expecting our own little bundle of joy...
I had my first OB visit on December 18th and all was good. They did a head to toe exam. They gave us our due date: August 21st which is Jonathan's birthday. Of course this could change but my gut says they are right on. Our next visit is January 18th and we have our first ultrasound. I am so excited to see that little monkey. It will be good to put a face on the little life making me feel about 3 months bloated, like I have enough indigestion to last me a year, and exhausted enough to sleep for a lifetime....but I wouldnt trade if for the world and I actually feel phenominal to be over 7 weeks into my pregnancy.
The last thing I wanted to make sure that I posted, is how overwhelmed with thankfulness I am for the friends and family who have walked beside us and prayed for us while we have waited for God's perfect timing for us to start our family. We know whole heartedly that God heard all your prayers for us and we feel overwhelming blessed to have you as friends and to be able to raise our children around Godly friends of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment