Friday, January 8, 2010

How We Found Out...

So I always love hearing stories about how people got engaged, how they found out they were pregnant, etc. And since this is a time in our lives that I certainly want to document, I thought I would share.

Jonathan and I had been hoping to start our family so as each month rolled around I would anticipate the telltale signs of pregnancy...oh could it be this month? or maybe this month? Month after month rolled around and if you have waited on a baby you understand how it can make you restless. Well several days before I would "really" know my sister talked me into buying a cheap test. I wrestled and wrestled and wrestled with spending the $ only to find out another month was to come and go. But this month I had been praying a lot about God's timing and he had already given me a little glimmer of hope to hold onto. I had not bought a test months previous because I thought well I'll just know when to go buy one eventually anyway. So after resisting, I found a cheap $3.76 test at Walmart and brought it home. Now I this time it is 3 days before I would "really" know and I have no symptoms whatsoever and no real reason to have taken it other than we were hoping we would be starting our family soon. So I got home and spent sometime praying before I took the test and this round my heart truly wanted God's timing for me and Jonathan. I was hopeful it would positive, but at the same time I felt a real peace about knowing God's timing for us would be so much more perfect that I could have planned. So I took the test and kept it flipped over so I could not see the results until they were completely in. After a few minutes I called my sister (who was moral support while Jonathan was working late) and as she sat on the other side of the phone I flipped the test over and was in complete disbelief. I starting saying oh my gosh it's positive, there is a plus sign and my sister is practically jumping through the phone screaming your pregnant, your pregnant. I was still in so much shock and so humbled that God had blessed us this way. So Jonathan came home and I waited for him on the couch. I had a big grin when he came in and he unexpectedly asked what are you mischievously up to? I told him he was going to be a daddy. He got the biggest smile on his face and said it was about time! He has been ecstatic and I couldn't have hoped for more.

You always have these preconceived notions about how things are going to be or how they will feel. Luckily I have not been sick or too hormonal, but just pretty tired. We go for our first sonogram a week from Monday!!! I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both. So excited for yall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting so excited about Baby Underwood!!!
    :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete