Tuesday, June 1, 2010

28 1/2 Weeks

Today kinda started my 2 week OB appts. I say kinda because I really went two weeks ago so they could make sure I was not having pre term labor with all the braxton hicks contractions. All was good, they just wanted to make sure. So I went today for the infamous glucose test. Let me just say the drink was cold and somewhat tasty! I would not hunt a glucose drink down to curb my thirst, but from all the stink everyone makes about it I thought it might be the worst thing I'd ever have to drink. Anyway I downed my drink in 5 min and then they called me back. After waiting an hour the nurse said she would prick my finger to see what my level was. She said if it was over 150 then she would have to draw blood. I was at 113!!! Yay. She said I was the only one she did not have to draw blood on today and I passed. No gestational diabetes for this girl!
Other exciting things:
  • I measured 28 cm at 28 1/2 wks
  • Emersyn is kicking like an octopus on steroids
  • Feet have been swelling for at least a month and a half
  • I have been feeling Braxton Hicks since around week 20 or earlier
  • I have been feeling her move since about week 15 (boy has she gotten strong)
  • She seems to be up quite a bit during the day and less at night, but I'm sure that can change in addition to the fact that I may be sleeping through her wakefulness.
  • Boy does her daddy love her!!! He can't get enough of feeling her move around in my belly! I feel so blessed and overjoyed to see him get so excited over her.
  • Her room is just about finished, just waiting on bedding.
  • I still have awful indigestion!
  • I feel a little more uncomfortable than I had imagined I would at this point.
Other than that this pregnancy has been such a blessing and so smooth! Just praying for a smooth and healthy delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment