Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kingsland Georgia

It's frankly in the middle of NOWHERE! But I found it somehow... My girls soccer team is playing in the second round of state against Camden High School tonight at 5:00. We traveled down last night after I got the approval from Dr. Gallow to travel 6 hours. We definitely had to make it a 2 day trip becauase there was no way I could ride in a car for 12 hours in one day. So we are relaxing until it is time to go to the fields! Anyway I was suffering from some edema (swelling) and had a regular appointment scheduled with Dr. Galloway yesterday and he said everything looked great except that I got a little hungary and I'll be honest I was never sick in the beginning, but was not all that overly hungrey. Somewhere between 5 and 6 months my appetite just EXPLODED!!!! I'll be walking a lot more, and eating a lot more fruit the rest of this pregnancy as well as cutting out ALL sweets. I know it's a little extreme, but my health is so important and if I had just done that from the beginning I would not have put on the extra pounds. Anyway enough about my weight, back to the swelling. Since I am up on my feet at school a lot I noticed some pretty extreme swelling starting Friday which really concerned me about traveling so far. So I started drinking LOTS of water and keeping my feet up. Then I saw Dr. Galloway and he suggested I get a pair of the old granny socks and I thought "great, just what I need" but I got a pair and let me tell you how great my feet look. They just about COMPLETELY took the swellilng away. I could see my ankles again! I only have about 3 1/2 months left and I just can't wait for her to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment