Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Interesting Comments

So I'm curious what it is about pregnant women that make people say just about anything. Do let me preface this with I do have a bit of a thick skin and pretty much all the comments have not really bothered me. But in the past couple of days I have had A LOT of people say things like "now when are you due? Oh, I didn't know you had that much longer." "Are you sure there aren't two in there." "Your probably going to have a big baby." And yes, my mother's infamous line "how much bigger can you get?" Yes sweet Emersyn is growing and I am so happy for that. As long as she is healthy they can tell me I look like a cow, but I measured right on track at my last appointment. 24 cm at 24 weeks, so I'm not to worried. I have put on more weight than I wanted to at this point, plus she just seems to be growing straight out, in addition to the fact that I have an EXTREMELY short torso. So anyway, I was just curious what makes or invokes people to say these things, because you never know when it's someone's bad day, or they are just over it, especially when they are pregnant. I certainly hope I will be cautious with my words around others and sensitive to how they may take a comment even if they are not pregnant... maybe that is the real lesson here.

2 comments:

  1. Girl - THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS!!! Seriously, people just have something to say!!! It will make you laugh because one person will say how small your belly is and the next says you are huge! Crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete