Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Bunch of Nothing Post

This post is about a bunch of nothing, but I just felt like posting. This week flew by just like the week before since soccer has started. We have been so very busy and had out first high school game this past Thursday. It was actually a scrimmage against South Paulding High School. The girls did well. We used the scrimmage to get a taste of who we have and where we have them as far as positions are concerned. We scored the first goal and it was definitely one of the most beautiful goals I have seen and I don't think we could have started the season off better. My defensive midfielder took the ball down the left side of the field and crossed it to my right outside mid who scored off a header! We saw the things we needed to fix and I was satisfied with that being that it was just a scrimmage. South Paulding has stepped it up since the last time we saw them 2 years ago. Other than that we had a relaxing Friday off. Monday I am headed for my 13 1/2 week appointment with Dr. Galloway. I need to let him know about my rib ailment. Back when I first got pregnant I helped Jonathan carry our ottomon up to the bonus room in addition to having been coughing up a storm. Well about a week later I noticed a pain in my ribcage area and sure enough I had a rib out. Well I have been sneezing up a storm this past week and I am feeling it again. My fear is that once this baby grows that rib is going to have a tough time staying in place and the last thing I want to do is waste maternity leave on a silly rib! I will say it is a strange feeling and not one I expected to deal with until the end of my pregnancy and at that I thought our baby would just mistake my rib case for a soccer ball :) Other than that there is not to terribly much going on. I do have a post coming shortly remembering a precious student of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment