Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mafia

Jonathan and I are a part of a supper club with about 7 couples that get together on a regular basis. If you don't do something like this it is a great idea for fun and fellowship. We get together monthly and each couple takes a turn hosting a month of their choice. So we have dinner, a short message, and usually end up playing some sort of silly game. They can range from a board game, a card game, or some other silly game like rate-your-mate or our newest MAFIA. The latter two will get you and your spouse into an argument faster than any other game. Friday we played the game mafia. Short explanation: Each player gets a card from a deck of cards. Joker=mafia, King=cop, Queen=doctor, and any card with just a number=townsperson. So the cards are distributed and you look at your card to see what you have not letting any other person know. So then everyone closes their eyes and the two people with the joker card who are the mafia look up and choose someone to "kill", then the cop wakes up and tries to guess who the mafia are, then they close thier eyes and the doctor wakes up and they can save them selves from death by mafia or they can save any one else. Then every one opens their eyes and every one tries to guess who the mafia are. The game is all about STRATEGY. So my husband gets lucky to be the mafia twice and guess who kills me off twice!!! Yep my dear sweet husband! So the final game I got to be the Mafia and I lasted until there was only one round left and it was either going to be me or the townspeople as the winner. I ended up loosing, but that was my first time playing. If you have ever played this game you know how silly and crazy it is. It was fun, I'm just a little competitive;) It was a lot of fun and we had a great time at supper club. Jonathan and I are hosting December and we are planning on setting up a long table in our living room and serving a "Christmas Dinner" to our friends. I'm not sure if we will play mafia or not :)

1 comment: