Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Past Couple Of Days And What Is To Come

The past couple of days have been nice...except that the reality of going back to work is right around the corner. I am hoping that it won't be as bad as I am afraid of. I am teaching a new prep next semester. We had to make a few changes in the schedule and so I had a class change in my own schedule. I will be teaching Forensics. This being the first time I have had to "prepare" for a "brand new" class in several years on top of leading the department on top of coaching soccer for the high school (every night of the week) and the Dougls County Soccer Association (just two nights a week). So this semester is going to be nothing less of a balancing act and I am going to need a lot of time with God to maintain all the other duties that come along with being a married woman (I know that they come ahead of the others listed above). I completely love my job and I am so blessed to love the work I do and feel rewarded doing it but I struggle (like I am sure many working wives/mothers) to keep a good balance between working and keeping up with my wifely duties. My nights are about to lengthen with soccer and so the struggle to keep up with laundry, dishes and the cleaning will become a little tougher...ok a lot. If you know me you know those are my least favorite things to do and I need A LOT of sleep to just function normally. So to say the least I am a bit nervous about what lies ahead. But I want to go into the new year with a good attitude and be thankful that I have a job, no make that several jobs.... a teacher, a leader to my science dept., a coach, a friend, and wife among others. I want to view them as just another opportunity to allow God to work in my life and touch others. It just gets hard sometimes when stress creeps in...so keep me in your prayers that I will approach all of these things with a loving attitude and do them and be them in the way God intended and in a way that I can be useful to His kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely understand and will definitely pray for you and Jonathan. I can relate for sure! Maybe in the midst of all that craziness we'll get together, or maybe I'll just see you on the sidelines:) You rock!

    ReplyDelete