Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wonderful Week

Well, this week was my first week back to school. It was really better than I anticipated (it usually always is). My kids seem like they are going to be pretty good (if you are a teacher you know it really takes a couple of weeks to make a good judgement on the personality of your classes). My first block consists of mostly juniors and seniors and I think I am going to love teaching them (they tend to be a little more mature). That class is a forensics class and we have already solved 2 crimes, "The Deadly Picnic" and "Who Killed Professor Kline". Both of my other classes are Honors Biology and they are full of freshman angels...the verdict is still out on the latter. It is amazing just how different upper and lower classman are from eachother. Soccer has gotten off to a great start. Of the girls that showed up on Wednesday for voluntary conditioning they seem to be in pretty good shape. I made them run an old Dallas Cowboy's conditioning test and I was impressed. We also got our uniforms in....the first set I have ever ordered. I you have ever played for a male coach you know they do not take the fact that a girls body is not shaped like a boys into consideration. So for years I had the pleasure of enduring LONG boy shorts and giagantic jersies when I played soccer. So I vowed I would purchase some nice uniforms made just for women for my girls. They are the nike mystic team jersies and shorts and boy do they look sharp (if you can say that about a girls uniform). I will take some pics so you can see. Im just taking a little ownership since this was a first for me. We were very blessed to have a parent donate some $ so that this was made possible and we are thankful for that. Anyway, to sum it all up it was a great first week back.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anne Marie. Thanks for the advice on the blog background. I found one I love and it was so simple to upload which I was thankful for b/c I didn't have a lot of time today during Ava's naptime. It was a short one :( So glad your back to school is going well. Girl I don't know how you teach highschoolers. I have to give a big high five to you for that one. I hope I get to see you soon. I'm guessing at Charlie's birthday party that I'm sure Katie will have in D'ville in March.

    ReplyDelete