Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bragging Rights!

This Christmas I decided I was not going to just sit on the side lines. Instead I decided I was going to take part in our Christmas production at church this year. I got to sing in the Christmas Celebration Choir and it was so much fun. Knowing Jonathan would be spending most of his time at the church I knew I had to make a choice to be there so that we could at least see each other. God truly blessed that because I was able to be with him instead of sitting at home on the couch complaining about how he is not at home during the Christmas season. I have definitely learned that when you have a spouse that works for a church...they will spend a lot of their time there and the two of us are much happier when we sacrifice time and make a point to be with each other even if it's me just going up to the church and sitting with him when he has to work late or when he can he comes home early to be with me. However, me singing in the Christmas choir or the time sacrificed is definitely not what I am bragging about. I really feel blessed that I was able to serve in that manner. But was also blessed to be able to hear my husband sing one of my most favorite Christmas songs called "Let There Be Light"...that is what I am bragging about. I was so excited when I heard that's what he was going to be singing I made my sister record it for me using my camera. I watched him perform this song at least 5 times and I just sat in awe of the beautiful voice that God has blessed him with...enjoy! Also I am sorry that the video is sideways...but that is not what matters...at least to me:)


2 comments:

  1. I agree! I might be a little bias but I could sit and listen to him sing all day! God has definately blessed him with an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be biased too but I also love to hear him sing. He just doesn't do it often enough!
    I'm very proud of all 4 of my children!

    ReplyDelete