Monday, June 8, 2009

Our First Yard Project

So exciting...I finally have a nice looking flower bed...still lots more work to come! Up above the wall we are going to lay down sod like we have below the wall there.
Look who's doing almost all the work!
We laid a cool tarp down that does not allow weeds to grow through! Great idea from the better half!
I love plants that are NOT weedy looking and explosive in nature....I like them neat and pretty. So I picked out some hostas...that I planted last week (they need a little help) and some beautiful Asiatic lilies.

Jonathan and I have been meaning to do some yard work for about a month now, but with our busy schedule and the rain that came recently we had not been able to get out in the yard.

This was our very first time working in they yard together and planting. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to more yard work in the future. I say that we worked together but he did do a lot of it.

I really wanted to at least get the bed in the back looking nice since I am throwing a shower for my sister this weekend and intend to use the back deck for seating...stay posted for some pictures the decorations are so cute.

Future plans for our yard are:
1. To put down the same mulch we put down today in our 2 other flower beds that are in the front of the house.
2. Put sod down in the back yard where they threw seed out that turned into nothing but weeds when we moved in back a year and a half ago.
3. A few pots with some pretty flowers in them.
4. Put out my lanterns that I bought recently...you will see them in the pictures for the shower decorations.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks good! It's going to look great when you get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!!! How many mosquito bites did you guys get????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good Annie! Can't say I share in your enthusiasm of yard work but the outcome is definately worth it.

    ReplyDelete