Friday, March 27, 2009

Region CHAMPS

I have to take a moment to brag on my girls (my soccer team)! We officially secured the region championship Wednesday in our final region game against Creekside. We beat out our main competitin East Coweta on Monday 2-1 and then realed in the championship by beating Creekside 10-0. Our record thus far is 10 and 0. We have scored 79 goals and only 1 has been scored on us. By far this is the best team I have had the opportunity to coach. If you get a chance to see the sentinal from today we had a team pic in the sports section I believe (I have not seen it yet). This means that we will be hosting the first 2 rounds of state at Chapel Hill (Come on out and support us if you want...the more fans the better). I will update on the actual dates and times when it draws near. I am hoping to make it to the final 4 this year, which will be a new record for the girls soccer program at Chapel Hill. This far God has kept my girls healthy and I continue to pray he does so...since we all know he doesn't choose sides :)

3 comments:

  1. way to go ladies and boy do i know how important the coaches role is in really good teams like yours! can't wait to hear more. maybe we'll see you at the prom??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to go to prom!!! Maybe next year we can get a group together, do dinner before and then go :)

    ReplyDelete