Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Crud

So I've been pretty sick the past couple of days. Haven't called in sick a day in 4 years of teaching...until Monday. Saw the Doc today...its an upper respiratory viral infection. I don't get sick...often...maybe once in blue moon so this has really been the pits. Came down with whatever this is sometime middle of last week, but was feeling decent...then with all our glorious plans for the weekend Saturday night came with the miserables (totally not a word in the dictionary)! I couldn't breath...and my sinuses were killing me. Jonathan made me stay home and sleep Sunday so I did. Still didn't feel any better so I stayed home Monday. I just want to make a statement about all the dough these OTC drug companies are making...NONE of these things work and they are robbing our pocket books. I read the box, it says it relieves ALL these syptoms Im having and more...yeah not so much. No wonder my sister refuses to take anything unless she's "dying". I think next time Ill spare this temple of the drugs unless it is required to get rid of a bacterial infection. Sorry for the soap box, at least I have a little more energy today (went to school for 3/4 a day). Hopefully this is passing...and quickly! I'll update on the weekend when I'm feeling a little better....by the way I thought this was funny...I called Jonathan on my way home tonight and in the nicest voice possible he asked if I would stop and pick up some lysol...he lysoled the whole house while I was in the shower...I wouldnt want him to get this either...you know how men get when they are sick...that's all I have to say.

2 comments:

  1. I hate being sick - I hope you feel better soon!! I totally did the lysol thing a few weeks ago when the "funk" as I call it hit my house. I was like carrying the can around with me where I went!! Oh and a big AMEN on the men being sick thing - it's so pathetic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feelin better Annie. Being sick is awful!

    ReplyDelete