Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Gallimaufry

So it has been a while since I have posted, but lots of things have taken place so this post will be a "hodgepodge" of topics!

Since my last post we have had a birth in the family. Jonathan's cousin had a baby girl named Audrey Elizabeth Clair (she has 3 names). She is the tinyest thing I have ever held. I will post pictures soon. Please do keep her in your prayers. She went for some testing and tested positive for cystic fibrosis, however the docter stongly feels it was a false positive and so she will go to Scottish Rite on Thursday for further testing. Other than that she is doing great.

Jonathan and I went on vacation ALONE! For the second time in our marriage we went on vacation just as a couple. The other vacaction was our honeymoon. We decided that we wanted to go to Orlando and visit Universal Studios. We ended up getting park hopper tickets for 7 days to both Universal and Islands of Adventures. We had an absolute blast. The hotel we stayed in was gorgeous and VERY reasonably priced since it just opened in May. I will post some pictures soon. There is just something so different about just going as a couple. Last year we were able to go with his family to Orlando and we had an absolute blast, but this time we really were able to just RELAX and focus on eachother. Not only was it refreshing to get away, but it was also refreshing for our marriage. We definitely have to do more of these types of vacations in addition to the family ones.

After arriving home from our vacation I had a week to rest before starting school back up. Today was our first official day back and I put in 12 hours today. The more years that pass by, the harder it gets to go back. I get so spoiled staying home in the summers. I will say that I had an awesome turn out at open house tonight and it really seems like I will have some great students...the real reason for my job. Sometimes it is hard to remember what an important job I have especially when you face things like furlough days. Anyway, my classroom is looking very cute and I will add some pictures.

I have pretty much hit the ground running...school is starting, I'm coaching a u-9 Acadamy soccer team, my sister is getting married in less than 2 weeks, and those are just the big things. My plate is so full already. I really have to slow down...Im saying this and I just got started...oh by the way I am signed up for the gifted certification course. Maybe this is why it is so hard to get back into the swing of things.

Well that is it for now. Look for pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment